Because moving to Africa changes everything, even our normal summer adventures seemed to have more meaning this year. So while this edition of 10 on the 10th may seem to have no relevance to our preparation for moving to Africa, you should know that the time spent with each dear friend over the past 4 weeks was sweeter than ever before in light of us moving across the world next year at this time. Here’s this month’s top ten, or “Ten things we probably won’t get to do next summer, so we are so very glad we got to do them this year!”
1. Our big kids got to stay with Mimi and Pops in Oklahoma all by themselves.
2. I got to see so many precious friends in Kansas City that I hadn’t seen in quite a while, getting to show them just how much they all mean to me.
3. Natalie lost her first tooth!
4. Tulsa Zoo family trip.
5. We got to go to Kanakuk’s K1 kamp in Branson, MO again. Nate serves as their doc for the week, so we all get to go and enjoy tons of fun people and activities.
6. Water, water, water!
8. The CKC (Christian Kids Club). Created by Natalie weeks before the members arrived. She was SO excited to do this club. I adore that 6 year old girl.
Okay, so 9 and 10 are probably things we will get to do quite a bit next summer, but I’m still listing them:
9. Making new friends. I love that even though the Yeates have been our friends for nearly 12 years now, the kids are just getting to know each other. I can only pray that every missionary kid we meet next summer will be as welcoming and friendly to our children as these girls have been to Natalie and Sutton this week.
10. New experiences.
And even when all the guests have gone and the fun family vacations are over, when we’ve said goodbye to old friends and have made some new, when nothing else in our lives has stayed the same, Lord willing the 5 of us will remain together through it all. So thankful for this family God has given me to call my own.